Import tool has problems with files and images

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:29 PM
I have tried to use the Import tool (http://www.madskristensen.dk/clickonce/blogconverter/BlogConverter.application) to import from DasBlog 2.0 and it has issues with images and files. This is not a problem with the configuration of my web server. It seems it simply chokes on various files. Perhaps due to size, extension, spaces in the name (turned to%20 in the file name but not the blog post), or some limiting count in the code. It consistently fails on the same files.

All files are in the default location (not a subdirectory).

I can provide the RSS url and expected file names to test with privately, but won't be posting it here. If this need to go into the Issue tracker, thats fine, but I figured I may be able to tweak something to get this working.
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2007 at 9:43 PM
The import tool has only been tested for DasBlog 1.8 and hasen't been maintained since it first beta release. In a week or so, we are releasing a full blown BlogML import and export tool that works agains DasBlog 2.0 and many other blog engines as well. That should take care of your import issues. I hope you can wait
Sep 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Thanks for the response!