Live Writer and v1.6

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I'm experiencing an issue with Windows Live writer and version 1.6.  I've seen mention of this buried in a couple of other posts with no resolution so I'll open a new discussion thread.

Here's what's happening for me:

1. I can't seem to publish posts as anyone other than the admin.  When I do, WLW reports an "internal Blog error".
  2. When I publish a post, the post appears twice.  Haven't looked at the underlying data but others posts indicate that the data is there only one, but BE is displaying it twice.
  3. If I login to my site as admin after publishing a post with WLW and try to change anything about ANY post, I get a "500 - Internal Server Error".  When I close down IE and go back into my blog as Admin, things seem to be fine.
  4. Posts seemingly disappear after "publishing" from WLW.  In other words, publish the post, a new IE window appears with my blog and the new post.  Close the IE window, close WLW.  Open IE and go to my blog - the post just published is gone.  Go back into WLW, the post in question appears in the "published posts" list NOT drafts.  Click on the post title and WLW reports "Unable to retrieve post from server".  I'm not using SQL Server and the post is NOT in app/data either.  Create a new post, publish, verify it was published to app/data and then it works fine.

WLW works great for posting blog entries.  But these shortcomings make it a bit tedious.