I update blog directly in SQL Server or XML document, and changes arent reflected.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM

This makes no sense, and when I step through the code it will work fine sometimes. But nine times out of ten, when I change the post data in SQL Server or Switch to XML, the updates are not reflected. It is not a caching issue because I use a completely separate computer to try to pull up changes. Makes no sense whatsoever

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM

It most likely is a (server) caching issue. The web server is caching your data so it doesn't have to query the DB or FileSystem as often.

I've noticed that happening with BE.NET when it comes to which widgets to load, so it probably happens for other data as well.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Thanks, do you know of a way to turn caching off?

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I don't really know if that is possible or not, but I'm sure someone here does.

Also, even if it is possible, you might get some strange behavior from BE.NET if you do disable the cache. Many functions assume that the cache is available.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Thanks. I disabled caching in multiple places. It makes no sense, it is still pulling old data unless i step through code in visual studio....wtf

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:31 PM

That's kind of weird.  If I were you, I would enable trace output (or some other debug method) and put in some debug statements to see what is going on... it might help you figure out exactly why it is not going to your data providers.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Basically my objective is that I want to write my own front end for submitting a blog and inject it directly into sql not using their interface or anything

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I'm pretty sure there is already an interface for doing that. That's how Live Writer and all those other apps work.

EDIT: Yeah, there is a web service located at /api/BlogImporter.asmx .  It exposes methods to add posts, comments, etc

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM

you guys are awesome. thx

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I'm just learning BE.NET like you... Glad I could help though!

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM

God othis makes no sense. I used the api, the data shows in the SQL db. I load the page and nothing....wtf wtf wt flol

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Even weirder. I have no idea where the changes are being cached. Its almost like the blogEngine caches it. Everything works either if I run it in debug mode or if I attach to the iis process....really weird

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I know when I use Live Writer, the posts are updated as soon as I hit publish.  I also noticed that there is a method in the web services called "Reload".  Did you try calling that after uploading a post?

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM

You are awesome man............wow, aothough if I would just read lol