Role of the PageSiteMap

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 30, 2007 at 7:19 PM
I already posted an issue for this, but maybe I did not explain it good enough and it was closed.
I would like to use for the main menu of a BlogEngine site, the PageSiteMap that is dynamically generated from the Page hierarchy that the user creates.
In the 1.2 bits, unless I miss something, if I create a home page and bellow, a picture page, a products page... there is no way to include the blog or contacts pages in that hierarchy so that it shows in a dynamically generated menu.
By adding a RedirectUrl property to the Page class, I can create a place holder page in the hierarchy and make the PageSiteMap replace its Url by the RedirectUrl property if it has a value.
This way, the end user is able to control the whole navigation of the site without having to modify the skin.
Moreover, with the css friendly menu adapter,, it is easy to control the look of the menu with the skin's stylesheet.
Does that make sense to anyone?
Sep 30, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Sure, I know exactly what you mean and it is a good idea. The 1.3 version will have a lot of new stuff for the pages and sitemap this included.