Comment Email Notification

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2007 at 7:58 PM
I am having problems with the "Notify me when new comments are added" feature.

1. Whenever a new comment is added, notifications seem to be sent out at random. i.e. once to user xx@xx.com and not the rest of the emails on the notify list OR twice to yy@yy.com and once to zz@zz.com
  2. Anytime Blogengine attempts to send an email notification to more than one email address (which should be every time is the notify list is larger than 1), an unhandled exception occurs on the server:
    • Application Event: EventType clr20r3, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.1830, P3 42435be1, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461ef191, P7 3349, P8 31c, P9 system.net.mail.smtpexception, P10 NIL.
    • System Event: A process serving application pool 'xxxxx' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was '5696'. The data field contains the error number.
3. The notification email (attempts to) send at the time a comment is added, rather than when the comment is approved as it should.

I installed ELMAH to attempt to capture the unhandled error, but it does not capture it. There doesn't appear to be a way to disable this feature for the time being.

Any suggestions?