tinyMCE screwing up paths in pages?

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:31 AM
whenever I create a new page and I want to link to another page tinyMCE keeps inserting /admin/pages/page/Page-I-Am-Trying-To-Link-To.aspx anyone know a fix for this?
Oct 20, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2007 at 4:58 PM
This is because the TinyMCE control is placed inside the admin folder. TinyMCE contains the smilies and the admin folder is not accessible to non-member visitor they end up seeing empty image captions. What I did to fix this was to move the TinyMCE folder out admin to a new folder called Common, then changed add_entry.aspx accordingly.

This was part of my SQLite port of BE.NET which can be found at http://www.codoxide.com/post/BlogEngineNET-12-SQLite-Edition-v01.aspx

I'm not aware whether there's a better solution.
Oct 22, 2007 at 2:08 AM
thanks I will have to check out your code and make some updates, thanks again
Oct 22, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Mmm... Acutally, I've been thinking about this and a better solution would be to change the javascripts and make image.axd load smilies as welll. Otherwise, this is again a problem when you expose your RSS through feedburner. Smilies.cs file too needs to fix to make sure that smilies in comments work too.

What I'd really like to do is take smilies out of tinyMCE and have javascript convert text to similes after it's been rendered on the browser. That way we can implement smiley-packs, and not have to worry about each smiley be included in every pack: When a pack doesn't contain a smiley it would simply show the text therefore degrading gracefully.