Changing to Placeholder BodyContent

Topics: Themes
Oct 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM
I've been working on creating a new theme for my blog. In the process, I changed from <%=Post.Content %> to <div class="posttext"><asp:PlaceHolder ID="BodyContent" runat="server" /></div>. The challenge I'm having is when the page renders, the html is: <div class="posttext"></div> so my blog post is invisible.

I'm using BlogEngine release v1.2 and my timezone is set correctly. If I change to an existing theme (leaves or cogitation) then the post shows.
I don't believe I have a css error since it validates without errors or warnings using http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/.

Is there a parameter or setting required to enable "BodyContent"? Any insights are appreciated.
Oct 29, 2007 at 3:29 AM
I got this to work by removing the "postview" and "commentview" codebehind files and changing to Inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase" and Inherits="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.CommentViewBase" in the respective post and comment view .ascx files. I don't understand this since my partial public class referenced the base classes BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase and BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.CommentViewBase, respectively.

I did notice that the curiously_green theme, which uses a code behind, still uses the <%=Post.Content %> .