Blog/Content Mirroring

Nov 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Before going down the path of creating it myself, I'm trying to find out if anyone has created something for BlogEngine similar to the "content mirroring" feature in Community Server. Mirroring allows you (through RSS feeds) to plug in content from a different blog into your own.

For example, suppose you have a family blog for you and your grown siblings. Some of the family doesn't have their own blog already and doesn't want one, so they'll use the master site you've created for the family. Others though already have an established blog and aren't too interested in abandoning it to move to the master site. Content mirroring would allow you to use RSS to link their blog content to yours... so that when they make a post in their blog, it is also added to the master site as if it was posted there too. So they get to keep their existing blog, and the master site is also complete with posts from the whole family.

Anyone seen something like this for BlogEngine?
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I'm also looking for this. This is available in many other blog solutions. And realizing that this post is almost 6 years old then I hope that this functionality, is now available in blogengine.net? Can anyone confirm?
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I suspect that this feature does NOT exist!

Looking at the roadmap, there is this item that may be close to what you're asking, but not exactly.

Communication across blogs - channel to communicate to other blogs if they part of the same community

IMO, a good candidate for this would be SignalR if real time/collaboration is desirable.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM
The BlogRoll widget lets you subscribe to other blogs and will display new posts as they arrive. Not in your post list, but in the widget container, like in the sidebar etc.