blogengine and screwturn integration

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 5, 2007 at 6:49 AM

I've been away from community sometime now. I noticed that blogengine's homepage has screwturn wiki integrated. So I tried to do the same but didn't get it work. Any tricks and tips how to integrate them?

I'd like to integrate them so that base website (/) is and wiki is at /wiki/
Dec 5, 2007 at 6:50 PM
Since the wiki's web.config gets nested under the BlogEngine.NET web.config, you need to remove items from the wiki's web.config.

Here is a what we have under system.web (although I don't believe all of it is needed):

<remove name="UrlRewrite" />
<remove name="CompressionModule" />
<remove name="ReferrerModule" />
<remove name="WwwSubDomainModule" />

<clear />

<roleManager enabled="false">
<clear />

<clear />
Dec 5, 2007 at 7:38 PM
have you made any changes to screwturn's code?
Dec 6, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:57 AM
here is how set it up

1) deployed blogengine and it is working
2) created /wiki/ and deployed screwturn
3) had support to set /wiki/ as application and set write permissions to /wiki/public/
4) /wiki/mainpage.ashx works but editing or creating new pages wont (i get nullreference errors)

how did you guys got your wiki working?
Dec 13, 2007 at 9:40 PM
I too would like to have ScrewTurn as a sub site. I got as far as choomba but ran into the same issue:

Line 66: }
Line 67:
Line 68: if(SessionFacade.LoginKey == null) {
Line 69: Response.Redirect("Login.aspx?Redirect=Admin.aspx" + (Request"ActivationMode" != null ? Tools.UrlEncode("?ActivationMode=1") : ""));
Line 70: }

Does anyone else have a suggestion on what's going on and how to fix it?
Dec 13, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2007 at 11:13 PM
I decided to test making ScrewTurn a separate domain and found it might actually work out okay. First I created a second domain, http://wiki.test.local and configured the site like you would normally configure a stand-alone site. I then installed and configured ScrewTurn and configured the administrative settings the way I wanted them. Then I loaded the plugin HTTPUserProviderPlugin from and configured it according to the documentation. Now when I login into the ScrewTurn page it verifies my password on BlogEngine.Net. Lastly I added a link to my BlogEngine.Net menu that points to the http://wiki.test.local address.

To make things a little cleaner and avoid confusion I am thinking of hiding the create user menu option and the change password option.

Your thoughts?
Dec 14, 2007 at 5:25 AM
still getting the same error. maybe it is because my wiki is nested under blogengine? any pages that need user authentication throw nullreference.

great idea about hiding user option though
Dec 14, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2007 at 6:19 AM
I'm actually kind of annoyed at the lack of information on how to integrate ScrewTurn. It's more like ScrewYou instead of ScrewTurn... From reading the site admin's responses, they have never even thought once on how to configure ScrewTurn to run within a virtual directory.

Contrast that with YetAnotherForum... That group not only tells you how to integrate it as a user control into your Master pages, they even provide info on adding YAF into a DotNetNuke site (usually not an easy thing to do...)
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:08 PM
I'm really sorry you guys are struggling to get this integration working. We did it with just the change I listed above. The only other thing that is likely different is that we are not using the most current version of Screwturn wiki.
Dec 18, 2007 at 4:41 AM
Still struggling. I tried same version that you guys have (2.0.5) but end result was still the same. Well you cant always win. I'll just suck this up and check wikis again next xmas :)

Happy holidays!