Problem with installation

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 13, 2007 at 11:33 AM
Hi

I have just created a subdomain with my web hosting provider and according to them it automatically creates an application on that folder. As you would expect. now I have uploaded all the files for the blog engine but when i go to the sub domain in the brower it fires up the following error: After I have set the remote errors to off:

onfiguration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Child nodes not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 100: <compilers>
Line 101: <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider,System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="4">
Line 102: <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
Line 103: <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/></compiler>
Line 104: <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="4">

Any ideas what this might be

Thnaks in advance
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:11 PM
It may be:
  • problems with your web hosting provider application.
  • the subdomain is pointing to a subdirectory in the server, so you need to change web.config and put it in the root of your hosting.
  • does your web hosting provider support .NET 2.0 ???