Minimum Application Trust Level?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 15, 2007 at 3:08 AM
I should probably already know the answer to this but could someone tell me what the lowest Trust level BLogEngine.Net will work correctly? I noticed the default setting on my web.config is High but I wonder if Medium trust would produce any problems. Of course I can test this myself but it would also be helpful to hear from the guys that wrote the code.
Dec 17, 2007 at 4:46 PM
It is designed to work in Medium trust with the exception that the hosting provider also allows sending HttpRequests, which they all do even in medium trust.
Dec 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM
I just checked and the level in the default web.config included in the download is:

<trust level="High" />

In any case, it's important that people make sure this isn't running on Full, and preferably running with Medium. Just thought I would point this out... =)

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM
The reason why it is High is so that it works on your development machine or your custom server. If it was set to Medium then all HttpRequests would fail because most people don't override the machine.config on their home machines.
Feb 28, 2008 at 1:05 AM
Hey Now Everyone,
Does anyone know if when you change the trust level to Medium do you need to redeploy the website? What happened to me, I had BlogEngine working great. I didn't make any changes, then my hoster I think changed the server to not except trust level high & they told me to change it to medium. I did change my web.config file to medium and still yellow screen of death. Then they stated I had to re-deploy the site. Any comments are appricated.
Thanks in advance,
Feb 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM
Aslo, In web.config when changed to trust level = "Medium" Then run it, I what files would change other than the web.config? I'm wondering since I think I have to upload more files other than the web.config. Thanks again,
Mar 5, 2008 at 3:26 AM
I was trying to use the WebSurvey control from 4GuysFromRolla and could not get it to work until I removed the "<trust level="High" />" line from the downloaded web.config. I was trying to run this on local IIS from VWD. I found this by trial and error.

Is this the correct thing to do?

What should this be set to?