BlogEngine in Subdirectory of Domain

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 20, 2007 at 12:03 AM
Hey!

I am having some issues with placing BlogEngine within a Subdirectory of my domain (http://www.mydomain.com/news). Since I my development environment works perfectly...I'm guessing it is the IIS setup.

Specs: Windows 2003, IIS6, mydomain has it's own AppPool (mydomain) and then the news folder within has it's own AppPool (BlogEngine). With in the BlogEngine Web.config I set BlogEngine.VirtualPath to "~/news" and "~/" and still have the same issues. I ensured II-WPG has RX permissions on the news folder and Modify on the APP_DATA folder (even though I am using SQL Providers for everything - even Membership).

The Error is posted below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Happy Holidays...

ERROR:
Server Error in '/news' Application.
Attempt to access the method failed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MethodAccessException: Attempt to access the method failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

MethodAccessException: Attempt to access the method failed.
System.Reflection.MethodBase.PerformSecurityCheck(Object obj, RuntimeMethodHandle method, IntPtr parent, UInt32 invocationFlags) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +212
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +29
System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture) +55
System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) +18
System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.get_EnableLegacyRendering() +160
System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.OnInit() +143
System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) +273
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692
Jan 8, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Since posting, I have moved BlogEngine out of a subdirectory and created a new subdomain for BlogEngine so that it is essentially it's own WebSite on the server. I am still receiving the above error.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!