How to change "About the author"

Topics: Controls, Themes
Feb 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Just started working with BlogEngine.NET and am wondering if it is possible to change the information displayed in teh "About the Author" section of the blog, e.g., author name, import a picture of the author, etc.   How can this be done?  I've looked in the Settings section and there are some Author options, but none allow these.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I believe you just login and click on edit in the about box and edit the contents.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Thanks jerrysdean43. 

I see that can be done in the blog entry itself, however, I am referring to the box section to the right of the blog entries which has the title "About the author" and then it says: "Author name", "Something about me and what I do", and "E-mail me".   I would like to edit that section to include information and an image.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I am talking about the About box at the top of the right sidebar, login and edit the contents.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

There is no option to "click on" to edit the contents. 

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM

If you login as admin there is an edit link to edit the contents.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I am logged in using the account that I used to create the blog and it doesn't give me that option.  

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Which version of BE.NET are you using? I vaguely remember that in the older versions, we had to modify the ASPX page to update that text.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Thanks - it is BlogEngine.NET

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM

Yeah, for that version, I think you have to go to the "default.aspx" page to change the text that appears there - I really can't remember.

Hopefuly if I'm wrong about that someone here will correct me :)

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM

As I just created this blog a couple of months ago not sure why I would've installed a version so old, but looks like the best solution would be to do an upgrade to 1.6 unless anyone has some better ideas?

Thanks for the ideas!