images not showing up

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Edited Jan 13, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Hi,

I recently migrated two working blogengine blogs to webhost4life. On the surface everything seems to be working correctly (though I've not played around with it too much on the new host).

However, my images are not showing up correctly (they just give me the X). When I view the generated source, the path for the images are things like

/image.axd?picture=myimage.jpg

I have verified that the images were transfered properly to the new host (in other words they are in the same directory with the same apparent permissions as before). The images show up fine on my old host with the exact same path, so I am at a bit of a loss to understand why it is not working.

One of my blogs is 1.3 and the other is still 1.2 and it's the same result on both.

I was thinking that maybe there is something different about my new host's root path. In the old host the site's were at the root of their respective shares. In the new host they are in a subfolder which then was made an application. I'm sure that is probably the problem, so then it should be

/mywebsitefolder/image.axd?picture=myimage.jpg

I tried changing the image.axd path in the web.config, but that didn't do anything. It still generated the exact same path. I tried "~/image.axd" and "/mywebsiteshare/image.axd". I'm not 100% sure if there was no change in the generated url's because what I was doing wasn't valid or if the web.config wasn't getting refreshed in webhost4life's IIS.

Anyways, any ideas?
Jan 14, 2008 at 5:30 AM
ok, so the images work now that I have my domains pointed to the webhost4life servers. It just doesn't work through their temporary url they give you to test things out on.