Missing body Text

Topics: Controls
Mar 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I have finally got BlogEngine working, but when I published my first article, All I get is the title. All of the body Text is missing. I know it is probably me, but I can't find where I went wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

The content does appear in the RSS feed:

But isn't appearing on the main site.  There's a couple of possibilities.  Maybe you can paste the contents of your PostView.ascx file here.  This file is in the theme folder (themes\THEME_NAME).

Also check the Settings tab in the control panel, and see if you have either of the "Only show description of posts" boxes checked.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Neither of the boxes are checked.

The postview.ascx file is just copied from the Indigo theme folder. No changes were made.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I would look at the Extensions tab in the control panel.  If you have any custom extensions, I would disable those.

The only out-of-the-box extension I can think of that would alter the content would be the BreakPost extension.  That's the extension that allows you to enter [more] in a post.  If this extension is enabled, you could try disabling it to see if it makes any difference.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

There are no custom Extensions and no change when I sdisabled the BreakPost extension.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

It must have to do with my theme. If I change it to "standard" everything shows up

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Yes, I should have tested for that.  The site can previewed in any theme by appending the theme name in the querystring:

Standard theme

The PostView.ascx file would be the biggest culprit.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Got it figured out. Thanks for your help. I had the post and comments pages screwed up.