strange characters when previewing themes

Mar 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I am searching for a new theme. Occasionally when I select a theme to "preview" from the main settings window, the following (or something like it) is displayed:

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6����h����<_���7���2UU��M���Eִy�q:��&]Vm��+�v��� 7�u�A:�f��/>����y�(��G�d^ϲe��!z���Ѳ�Y)5��G��A�8�VeU?������/I=����Yd�E��n�գt����/�q� �IU�n �ۻ�/No������N�|� �&�} �0��euU��?_O�Y��T˦*s�3�0_�/�o�Z()*�S!U��k�g��������a�2��*����E�]�-��/%�j�j�(��Y��{�ʖ�lB ���n���,�˂zO}�}����5��cN�}�=����*b�'s��}��՜��#���G���{�:�i��)��X�@~��Ve1e�Ǐ�uzU���g�;;�{���lWP�)Jz���]���e�w�>.� i/�0�=�1��J���4�����Q��ki���|�_������l�l��/�eV��5y]��M�ҧy3���p�㻓��e�^bFJ����4���jJ�q���by����|��o��nBh^哴��:���/���z��YQ62���47��w����m����>��ؼ��5����F�e���J���3�b��7��!�[��w�(w?� WY�^��< ��g�\��EV���2�<�e%�i �ާ�2�/�pq^��!`Z�\6��ꊄ̎+2�1�Ч]��G���TƧ��x4�_5���*1� x=��yw������s��7���g,<���l�U[��y>}�Eݮ���p��͖~�2k����N���{�����;���5�d]��/�\_�����I���ʛuٞ- �eV�2J�Td������>�J⠓�j�������eM&�����a�ݢ����R��&�\�Y�u�s������!C�B�Gxb�/�;_��:'�%l��+O<�L�+RjdZoB}a�wG���b �d�l���K��^;��"oŊ���޴��r�ƃƻ���k�Z"�ٲh�v�m]M�y%Z�Xnb�i����.��IN ���z9}Y���I���0t�����P

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Which version of BE are you using?

If you're using BE 1.5 or earlier, you can modify the Global.asax file (in the blog root folder) by adding the "Application_Error" handler I posted here on April 23rd.  This should then display a brief error message, rather than those characters when an unhandled error occurs.