Upgrading from XML version to SQL

Jan 21, 2008 at 4:38 PM
First timer here. I've been using BlogEngine.Net for a bit using the xml version as the data provider, however, I want to upgrade to the MSSQL version. I already have content in on the blog, and just need a way to transfer that data over to the sql database.
Thanks for the help.

BTW, I'm not a active member cause I can't code worth $#it, I'm just a script scraper. I can understand where you're leading me, or how a particular bit of code is working, but god forbid I actually code something by hand. I actually just stick peices of code together and see what they do.

In any case, thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2008 at 4:41 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Take a look, I think it fits your scenario: http://rtur.net/blog/post/2008/01/BlogEnginenet-on-GoDaddy-with-SQL-provider.aspx
Jan 21, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, what I'm trying to do is a bit different. I don't mind setting up a new blog app, but what I am trying to do is import the content from the xml based blog to the new sql based blog.
Jan 22, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Step 1: Export blogs as a BlogML file.
Step 2: Import from the BlogML file.
Mar 24, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Swing,

How do you perform the export and import? I'm trying to move my content from the 1.1.0.7 XML version to the new 1.3 SQL version. There is no mention of an export tool in the admin pages of the 1.1 version...

Anthony :-)