Extensions on integrated mode IIS 7

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Just upgraded to Windows 2k8 and IIS 7. I was able to get the web.config setup nicely, and only notice one side affect. Right now the only thing that does not fire is the global.asax method Application_Start()...

It seems that the call to Utils.LoadExtensions(); is not operating at all. I noticed the suggestion at this URL http://weblogs.asp.net/ryangaraygay/archive/2009/01/28/blogengine-net-and-migration-to-iis-7.aspx and it really messed with anything else that was served with an .axd file (for instance Elmah).

I was wondering if anyone else had any good suggestions how to go about this. I have been pouring over the ASP.NET lifecycle changes for IIS 7 and am kind of amazed that they don't have anything when the application starts up that links to an HttpContext...


So here is the list of extensions not working for me:


Yet, the rest of them work just fine. That leads me to believe that these are throwing an exception somewhere. Where is a good spot to detect what kind of exceptions these are throwing?

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2010 at 5:40 PM

(deleted cause I figured out how to edit my post on here)

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Nothing in particular is coming to mind, but you might want to try removing all the extensions from the Extensions folder, and then add each one back one at a time (or two at a time to go faster), until you perhaps see this problem start occurring.

There's a good number of custom extensions in your list of "non-working" extensions.  I'm guessing there's probably some additional custom extensions in the "working" extensions list.  A custom extension is more suspicious than an extension that ships with BE.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Ok, I figured out what it was. You were right BenAmada. There was a bad extension that was being loaded in. It was an extension that I use to integrate gallery server pro with my blogengine posts. Thank you for the help!