Help for a "non developer"

Topics: Controls
Apr 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Hello, I am not an advanced developer but I have a blog set up on my website and recently for some reason when people try to leave comments the blog indicates it is still loading, but the browser says the page load is done and the comment is never actually posted. It just stays there with the little form. Eventually you get sick of waiting and you leave since your comment won't post. More than one customer has had this problem but nothing has changed since I set this up and I am not sure why the comments are no longer working. I have reviewed all of the settings to make sure the blog is open to comments. I did add a spam filter form Akismet a few weeks ago and thought this may be the cause but I have disabled it and nothing has changed. Any simple ideas or solutions. I have a designer and he can't find anything either but he is mostly a php guy. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sarah
Apr 15, 2010 at 3:29 AM

I just left 2 comments on your most recent blog post.  One was with IE and the other Firefox.  In both cases, the comment posted right away (there was no long delay).

Can you reproduce this problem?  And if so, is it reproducible every time?  Or is just some of the visitors that run into it, and only some of the time?