May 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Still trying to get this to work. Each time I click on links (such as blog posts or comments), I receive an error saying: 

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /index.php/post.aspx

This started happening when my site got moved over to IIS7

May 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Try directly call "" - if this works you need simply set default.aspx at the top of the list in default documents section in IIS.

May 25, 2010 at 6:31 PM

My web host says the default.aspx is the default document thats specified. After looking around they told me that a rewrite rule needs to be added for the site to work correctly and I should tell them what rewrite rule they should be adding. Is the rewrite rule something different from what is specified in the webServer section of the web.config file or what rules would they be refering to?

May 26, 2010 at 6:58 PM
You have Linux / Apache / PHP Web Hosting, not Windows / IIS / ASP.NET.
May 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

if that was the case i dont think i'd be able to run any site would I? the reference to the php site only occurs when certain actions are performed such as trying to view comments or the posts themselves

May 26, 2010 at 8:24 PM
In this case, you have Windows / Apache / PHP Web Hosting with additional mod_aspdotnet installed. Blogengine.NET has its own URL Rewriting in code ( see Blogengine source => Web => Http Modules => UrlRewrite.cs ) and does not use URL Rewriting of Web Server. In fact IIS does not support URL Rewriting.
May 27, 2010 at 8:03 AM

PHP can run on Windows.

IIS7 (which Pockles server is on) includes the IIS Rewrite Module -- an URL rewrite module from MS that integrates with IIS 7.  I'm guessing this is what Pockle's webhost is referring to.  It's possible the host has another URL rewriting solution too, but probably they are thinking of this one.

But I don't think putting in any URL rewriting should be necessary.  It may be that both default.aspx and index.php are default documents on the server.  If Pockle is not using PHP, I would ask the webhost to remove index.php as a default document.

May 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM
Edited May 28, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Sorry, I have not noticed "This started happening when my site got moved over to IIS7" in Pockles post. URLRewriting and index.php suggested Apache.
Anyway, one gets HTTP 404 errors / URL rewritting problems when Blogengine.NET runs in  Windows Apache with mod_aspdotnet installed.