unable to delete a webpage

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jun 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Hello

I am attempting to delete a webpage (my test or the default welcome webpage) and not having much success with it. When I try to delete one of the pages that I have created, I get the top menu and the rest of the screen is blank; if I attempt to delete the welcome page, I get just a black screen. I am logged in as the admin and we are using the default installation with XML file storage. I try to delete the page via "Settings" --> "Pages" I get the following error as shown below.

Thanks for your feedback 

Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.
This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

Error Details:
Url : http://agm.forrex.org/admin/Pages/Pages.aspx?delete=b663b6a1-1c34-4c60-a891-c14772507b23

Raw Url : /admin/Pages/Pages.aspx?delete=b663b6a1-1c34-4c60-a891-c14772507b23

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.admin_pages_pages_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Access to the path 'D:\SrvApps\Inetpub\Wwwroot\agm.forrex.org\App_Data\pages\b663b6a1-1c34-4c60-a891-c14772507b23.xml' is denied.

Source : mscorlib

StackTrace : at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider.DeletePage(Page page) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Providers\XmlProvider\Pages.cs:line 110

at BlogEngine.Core.Page.DataDelete() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Page.cs:line 352

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Update() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 332

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Save(String userName, String password) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 313

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Save() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 288

at admin_Pages_pages.DeletePage(Guid pageId)

at admin_Pages_pages.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Make sure you have assigned the proper permissions to the App_Data directory.

Access to the path 'D:\SrvApps\Inetpub\Wwwroot\agm.forrex.org\App_Data\pages\b663b6a1-1c34-4c60-a891-c14772507b23.xml' is denied.