Migration to ASP.NET 4.0

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Any plans to migrate BlogEngine.NET to ASP.NET 4.0?

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Not really an answer to your question but out of curiosity I have re-targeted the app to .net 4 and so far I have not run into any problems.

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM

i get a few warnings but going to mod the source code into my own app anyway, seems lovely stuff, thanks for putting this stuff 'out there'

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Talex and Jason,

Thanks for sharing your results about migrating to .net 4. I'm trying to integrate BE.net into an existing .net 4 app and I'm not having much luck. So far, I have tried running it as a .net 2.0 app as a nested application. But, this results in all kinds of inheritance issues with my existing .net 4 web config file.  Would either of you be willing to share the relevant parts of your new working .net 4 web config file?  Do you have the app nested or are you running it as a stand alone .net 4 app?

muchas gracias,
-carnac

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Hi

I have blogengine running as an app within the main site, running in the same application pool, with asp.net 4.0

I had the same inheritance issues as described and there is some indication frm MS that you cant have apps
domains on different revs of asp.net

The only problem I am now seeing is that when I try to upload a new post it fails with this error:

Error Details:

Url : http://www.antiquewinetest.com/blog/admin/Pages/Add_entry.aspx

Raw Url : /blog/admin/Pages/Add_entry.aspx

Message : A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphAdmin$txtContent$TinyMCE1$txtContent="

test

").

This looks like the asp.net defualt validation refusing to accept html content in a text box.

Has anyone fixed this?

Clive

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM
cwhslh wrote:

Hi

I have blogengine running as an app within the main site, running in the same application pool, with asp.net 4.0

I had the same inheritance issues as described and there is some indication frm MS that you cant have apps
domains on different revs of asp.net

The only problem I am now seeing is that when I try to upload a new post it fails with this error:

Message : A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphAdmin$txtContent$TinyMCE1$txtContent="

Has anyone fixed this?

Clive

Yes, you'll need to change validation mode to 2.0 - here is how.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Yep, that does it!

Thanks,

Clive

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM

did you fix that? i have the same problem

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:59 PM

My provider changed to 4.0 without informing us, so it took a while to find the validation mode problem:
However, now the default page won't load.

Default.aspx loads without content when surfing to the root of the site, but when typing in  www.mysite.com/default.aspx it redirects as it should, to what ever startpage I have choosen.

Does anyone else have that problem? Anyone with a solution?

Cheers!

- jonah