Unable to add Widget combo for runtime

Topics: Themes
Jun 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

I have implemented "i3Theme" for my blog and in this theme there is no way to add widget at runtime.  When I tried to add "<blog:WidgetZone runat="server" />" in master file, all the widget has been displayed in default page with weird look.  Is there any way to add widget combo for runtime as in standard theme?

What should I do for this? 

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Not 100% sure I understand.

Add (pretty much as you did already).

<blog:WidgetZone runat="server" ZoneName="be_WIDGET_ZONE" />

The weird look is  because it has no style from the i3 stylesheets so you must recreate them. Use the styles for the elements in i3 and build them for the widgets and widgetzone. The following post may help you as well. http://allben.net/post/2009/04/18/Multiple-WidgetZones-in-BENET.aspx

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:38 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Dear Taylex,

Thanks for quick reply!  I know, my english is tood bad :(. 

However what I am trying to do is add widget list\combo (As in Standard Theme) at runtime so admin can select widget at runtime. 

In "i3Theme" all widget has been fixed in side and left panel and if we want to add more widget, it's require code modification. 

If I add your given line in master file, it display all the widget and not allow to select widget at runtime. 

Hope u'll understand now :). 

I am going through your given link and hope my problem will be solved, if not I'll disturb you again

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I found a 2 column version of i3Theme that was made for 1.6. It isn't perfect but I am sure will get you closer to what you are attempting.

http://www.pan-internet.com/post/2010/03/14/i3Theme-vPan-final-version-for-BlogEngineNet-1600.aspx

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Post Deleted: Not meant to go to this forum. Weird stuff.
Jun 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM

No Taylex,

No way has been given the above link , but it's just about tag cloud widget.   I have to add code in side and left panel if I want to add widget Further If I  want to remove widget ,I have to remove the code:(. 

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM

You just add the widgets once you are logged in as admin. To use additional widget zones just add another widgetzone with a different ID to the other. There is nothing specific in that link about only tags. The theme is set up for a widgetzone.

You will have to remove all the static widgets and add a widgetzone, then borrow the styles from the 1.6 version I posted a link for.

Your English is better than any other language I can speak (none) so I can't fault you for that but I either do not understand what you are trying to do or you are not understanding how a widget zone works. You may want to find a compatible theme and do not use the I3 theme. You could also go to the link I sent and ask that author to help you make a 3 column version.

Good luck.

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Dear Taylex,

I have understand now what should I have to do.  I got success to add Widget dropdown list at runtime.  But I also need to change my stylesheet, It will take time so for time being I am adding widget in code but gradullay I will change as per my need.