Edit/Delete links not showing in BE v1.1

Topics: Themes
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:32 PM
I'm running BlogEngine v1.1 on a NetworkSolutions hosted (Windows) server. While logged in to BE, I'm unable to edit the "About the Author" widget because the edit/delete links are not visible. I have tried the following via the NetworkSolutions provided tools: Repair, reinstall, uninstall/reinstall and finally, reset the permissions for the site. None of these actions made any difference. As a matter of fact, none of the widgets contain the edit/delete links. Thanx - Jim
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Hi Jim,

One thing to check ... in the Widgets folder, there are sub-folders for each widget type.  About the Author is using the Textbox widget.  So in the Widgets\TextBox folder there is a file named widget.ascx.cs.  If you open that up, look for IsEditable.  It should return a "true" value.

public override bool IsEditable
{
	get { return true; }
}
As an aside, you probably are aware that version 1.1 is pretty old.  You might want to consider an upgrade some day.  I've never used 1.1 myself!

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM
I looked through all the folders and could not locate a widgets folder. Are you sure v1.1 has this folder?
Capt. Jim
Please begin using jim@tripletale.com for future emails...Thanx

--

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 7:21 PM
To: jim@tripletale.com
Subject: Re: Edit/Delete links not showing in BE v1.1 [blogengine:216805]

Hi Jim,

One thing to check ... in the Widgets folder, there are sub-folders for each widget type. About the Author is using the Textbox widget. So in the Widgets\TextBox folder there is a file named widget.ascx.cs. If you open that up, look for IsEditable. It should return a "true" value.

public override bool IsEditable
{
	get { return true; }
}
As an aside, you probably are aware that version 1.1 is pretty old. You might want to consider an upgrade some day. I've never used 1.1 myself!