IIS7 Basic Install

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Hi. I am completely new to BlogEngine.NET (but not to ASP.NET). I've reviewed your documentation, but what it has to say about II7 is a little thin and I'm having trouble. My Setup in my Dev Environment: - Windows 7 - IIS 7 - Visual Studio 2010 (but that's not really relavent here) 1. I have created a completely new "site" under II7 and placed the full BlogEngine code directly into the docroot of that new site. 2. I went into the Application Pool for the site and changed it's Managed Pipeline Mode to "Classic" 3. *** I am trying to set write permissions for user "aspnet" on the "App_Data" directory, but the system cannot find user "aspnet". Is this something different in IIS7/Windows7??? 4. I tried running it anyway, and the error it is giving me is a HTTP Error 500.19 where it says that "Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions" - and it's refering to web.config. Why would that be? Anyway, any help here would be much appreciated to get me going! Thanks. Alex Maghen
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:59 AM

You might try to check this out.