Everything works fine, the 2ne refresh

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I have installed BlogEngine on a website hosted by WinHost. I followed the installation instructions without a hitch. When I first load the page using IE8, I would get the 404 Oops page, I disabled the 404, to see what was happening and got:

��`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�������iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{����{����;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6�����h���u>]�E{����櫶�����7^Ӧ�>H'��:���ղ�>�Ey�裟��Y��>:�O���b�>ZV�"+壦�A�(?��Ӫ��G�2��=�%�w�@} ���(��m�z�n�_��%>���9��٭!~{7����0{��=X��I�������oA�U� ����3���i1�ғj�Te��uf� ��1|�� @H�P������]�=˧U����j��.���_�/^��u�"����R�O�����ݝջN�w�l9�&%�,���^���,���G��y�]^��뺡?��Ч���>�?��2�2�O.�g]͋6��~kA4����o��h�4���GV,ӏ��6��i[���Ve1e�Ǐ�uzU���g�;;�{���lW��)J�r��.A��5�;JQ!.������^���l���q]d�(�vN=���(�<_�����z�:[6ۯ��u�գ��_M^�id蓣�i�L�b%�������Y_� �:N�_�%G��+p;�y��I�hvVԪ�Zg�~���#C��qz<��Y� Ѻj���ψAs�;���¹$��ɢ�^�����)��1�e� mW*t�o����g�2# yNr��_>�>O~\�d����^��(�Aݻ�Ca̘"���/] ��b�ɨ ,�WL��X��D���ɦ�C�rg�y�n��P��ǁ?��ἨZ�F�S�X�$2���� �!A*K��5q�U&ZCRc�����2ԝ�y���qj�b��Ff��dL`6��6�5�9[���%�N�m�\�<Ԛ��tV��h��O������Iɖ$�YN��q��Tk躜���- +�7A3 ?���}ϊ�Jv('��a�*�k|C���W]��Ÿ͔$�.����V�D4�ݘ:�O�ʋ>B�EW�d�ަoȷ��_�[��8|�����<���=�qO�y��!,�7���<����r�Ӥ��1��f�&��ή�/�{���@I��g�s�>���&�+ �u��I?ٹ�[7��S�e�^����|�mWD"%�x<%/f뫺H �E�h1�_Vķ�!�kw�A �B:�s8Dc��3D�?���i�-�{��Z����?i �� ?�}oH�ֽ]~�"����f���.��rL6�o��W����I�������hVevm���w 4~�#���6��o(�.���W��754��Wgc����_g�Y52]ϲ>��'Lئ.��Ç��� �_���������(�~���Ϛ������ �������.�������žd����3�@�u�����Η7Q���Toc���h���� Ivo����� �˔������-P������������o���&[X�$��SD��槻7����;����X��W����7���_d��k��ﯝv�Cw|M>��SOhl� <#���>}�������Z�ݒ������lR�nWk8>���''������b�5�����)���XܒKU=�b��?�[����&Y��&xO^DT`B�0+���-�Qb#h=m��������e]!6� � �,[6�^N��,�H�"o�p�渹^N9��Bp���9u�Z�Izpp�ο����c�1�/�lL�D�~��}/���"�v �=(O����~c��6����6��,?�(CA���-_�v}B��os��>}�O���m�{m�_D; [�_9��{�[�em�7�B@����'$1K�j��4q��ZV림���<�����A����]D�d5}��-9k*�s� JB��bZWMuަ��o�g0�WU��d�!�v��ރ�����!�?ZF��A��;<�BZ��_Za= ����ﺽ�Ʋ���_���@ e���I nN��e$y�y�Cr��6g#/y}�>q�5��w ]o����7�h�;��Y0�������C���qIߧ�`�^�m��6]����n3W�f��n��M������́�wj�V�������2��}V��-�ދ�o�e��oE��O1�Ʃ���Y����[,��o����{s�μ� f��>�})W�X��}��ۻ���������j)�y]f���ɺ����yuQL_���5}��A��C,�aj���Ο7���H$޺矣^o�����!m|��$#=w�{�dB���:�8�J�����#�~��M��5��VD�tQ\�e�ĭ��Y�Q..sb ��K'�4�\���zἸ���,m���WW)�'��d�pS �r��²=����Z���&]T�����<?���/�hǐצ ��ᅥ�O���&��E��_.�kmJ�Z��l-?_^D�E�l�����

As soon as I refresh the page, the blog appears fine, would this be a hosting issue, or an IE8 one? The blog URL id http://www.apasq.org/interactif/

Thanks in advance,


Jun 27, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I am running into a similar issue.  The blog page are rendering fine but any place where there is an input field (login, contact us), it renders the same gibberish.

I emailed WinHost's support and they said it was a coding issue.  I chcked the headers using Fiddler and everything looks normal:

Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Does anyone have any ideas?



Jun 28, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Hi jabtech,

I looked at your page with firebug (firefox's developer extension), after refresh, it gave error below;

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, 
System, Version=2.0
.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest&amp; request) +287
System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) +106
BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.JavaScriptHandler.RetrieveRemoteScript(String file) in JavaScriptHandler.cs:116
BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.JavaScriptHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in JavaScriptHandler.cs:43
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously) +75

did you check your trust level? this link from winhost if you didn't check it before,


also from winhost control panel you can check your folder(subfolder i assumed) if it set as "Application Starting Point" or not


Jun 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM


Thaks for the reply.  I set the trust level to full in the web.config and confirmed that the subdirectory is an Application Starting Point.  It still is giving the same error.

My page is: http://www.highcrofthurricanes.com/blog/login.aspx or http://www.highcrofthurricanes.com/blog/contact.aspx

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM
hi jamiedixon, i took a look your pages too, but unfortunately i couldn't catch anything at first sight. If it is exists in your version there is an option in settings->advanced settings-> enable error logging it saves logs into a file named logger.txt in your app_data folder. Maybe it can tell something. regards,
Jun 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
I enabled tracing on the page, but unfortunately, it also rendered as gibberish. I looked at the properities using Firefox and I see that the render mode on the failing pages as "Quirks Mode". I added this to my web.config but it didn't do any good (for IE or Firefox): <httpProtocol> <customHeaders> <clear/> <add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=EmulateIE7"/> </customHeaders> </httpProtocol> I'll take a run through the logs next. Thanks
Jun 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Setting the trust level to "Full" and it seems to heve helped, but I am still wondering why the blog will work after refreshing the page, I was thinking it was a timeout issue, well, time will tell.

Thanks for the help.