Should I use different DB for different blogs?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I have to update BlogEngine.NET version from 1.5 to 1.6 for small company. They have 7 blogs, and each blog mapped to the same DB! I did everything like in documentation, but when I attempted to open blog IIS tells me, there is exception like this: "Couldn't add key ''administratorrole" to the dictionary. Key 'administratorrole' is already added to the dictionary!" I looked at stack trace and found that it happens when application gets data from table be_Setings. I looked at that table and found that there are 7 rows with SettingsName 'administrtorrole'! And other SettingsName parameters have a 7 copies because there are 7 blogs mapped to the same DB. Is it normal? May be I need to use 7 databases in this case? Or I can use 1 database for many blogs? It works on BlogEngine.NET 1.5, but customer asked me to update to version 1.6 and I couldn't do it yet. I need advise from BlogEngine.NET's developers.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM

You need to set separate table prefix for each blog in the web.config as described here: http://blogengine.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=207984