Error while saves the pages...Please help me.!!

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM
From Kishan

No this is not the same problem this is another problem which is coming in a new website .
The problem which i have told earlier is the different problem.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Manage your finance and manage money through MSN Money Special Drag n' drop
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM

If possible, please reply to the same thread -- rather than creating new threads.

The error you show in your last post indicates you don't have Write permissions enabled on the App_Data folder.  I'm guessing the other problems you are experiencing may be related to this same problem.  The error message is:

Access to the path 'G:\hpmilkfed\App_Data\pages\173df7f4-edda-4b6f-9f65-83620ca376b7.xml' is denied.

The App_Data folder is where BE stores files, and updates files.  If write permissions for the ASPNET account are not enabled on the App_Data folder, then this error will occur whenever BE tries to save data.

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Can u kindly tell me the solution because i have tried a lot but i am unable to find out the solution.So please tell me what i have to do.I am getting what you are saying, but i need the solution.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance

Make the world eco-friendly through MSN Green Drag n' drop
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

If your site is hosted somewhere (at a webhost), the webhost will usually have a control panel that will allow you to control File or Folder Permissions.  You would want to give the ASPNET account full permissions (Read, Write, Delete) on the App_Data folder and all of its subfolders.  If you're not sure about this, you can probably ask the webhost.

If you manage the server yourself, you can do the same thing.  You would want to right-click on the App_Data folder (in Windows Explorer), select Properties, select the Security tab and give the ASPNET account Write permissions.  On most servers, the ASP.NET is running under an account called "Network Service".  This can vary, but its usually "Network Service".

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM
From Kishan

Thank you very much for your reply definitely i will try as soon as i solved the problem i will inform you.

Actually the site is hosted somewhere else i will tell him to give the full permission on the app_data folder as you said.

Is this is the solution for my 1st thread.

Thank u again...

The dark side of terrorists revealed in MSN Internal Security Get it now.