1.6 Bug

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Just downloaded and setup the latest version of blogengine. In Firefox 3.5.7 "add comment" not working properly. - When you highlight text and select either bold, italic, underline or quote nothing happens. - If you dont highlight the text and just put the cursor next to the text then it inserts [b] [/b] or [i] [/i] etc.. - Works fine in IE 8 though
Aug 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Anyone else have this problem?
Aug 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Just noticed that I'm having this problem in Firefox 3.6.8 as well.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Ok, thanks. I've emailed the Blogengine developers about this issue.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Looking at latest build with FF 3.6.6 - BBCodes work as expected. Are you running clean install with standard theme?
Aug 10, 2010 at 7:16 AM

No, I have themed and added some controls. But I don't think any of my modifications would be the problem.

So I setup a fresh blog without any modifications and still have the same problem...

Can you please try it on a different machine, seems there is def a problem. I'm not the only one to mention it. And I wonder how many people have even noticed if they're experiencing the same prob. I'ts just one of those things you expect to work without checking....

Works fine in IE 8

FF 3.5.7

Windows 7 64bit

IIS 7.5

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I tested with FF 3.6.8, Windows 7 64bit, IIS 7.5.  I tested with BE 1.6 and BE

Highlighting text and clicking [b] [i] or [u] is working.

One case it's not working is when the very first character of comment text is included in the highlight selection, it's not working.  But highlighting any other word, as long as the very first character is not included in the highlight, is working.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Oh okay... I've been testing with one word that's why. Why can't you use bbcode on the first word/letter in FF? Not serious, but works in IE though.