How can I add menu items

Aug 31, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I'm running BlogEngine on IIS under an existing site. Because of this I have BE setup in its own folder in the wwwroot folder and configured as a virtual directory in the parent site which allows me to run it as an ASP application. The parent site is also an ASP application.

So the problem is that I need to set up navigation between the two. Getting to BE from the parent isn't a problem. What I can't figure out is how to setup the links in the main menu to get back to the parent site.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get info on how to do this. So far I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Probably in the site.master file in your theme folder (e.g. /themes/Standard).  The site.master file typically contains the site layout, including the main navigation links.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Thanks Ben. I got it. Actually I had put the link in the menu UL before but it wasn't showing up. I assumed it was a path issue since the two folders are separate under the wwwroot folder and BE was configured as a virtual directory under the parent site. It just wouldn't show up. So I thought it had to do with some of the backend stuff that is pushing content to the menu UL.

Apparently it was just a type-o or something. I revisited the problem today and lo and behold it works. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.