duplicate Extensions

Topics: Controls
Oct 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Hi all,

I have updated my blog to 1.6.1, when I test it, I get duplication extensions in the extension manager:

AkismetFilter  1.0  Akismet anti-spam comment filter
AkismetFilter 1.0 Akismet anti-spam comment filter
AkismetFilter 1.0 Akismet anti-spam comment filter
Logger 1.0 Subscribes to Log events and records the events in a file.
Logger 1.0 Subscribes to Log events and records the events in a file.
[...]

How can i fix this bug?

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:58 AM

I have the same problem after upgrading to 2.0

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Duplicate extensions appearing was fixed right after 2.0 came out.  It can either be downloaded from the Source Code tab above (version 2.0.0.37 on Jan 7th) ... you would need to compile the BE core to produce a new BlogEngine.Core.dll file.  Or wait till the next version of BE comes out in June.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:35 AM

ok.  I got the code, recompiled, added the new dlls and:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,BlogEngine.Core.Web.Extensions.ManagedExtension>' does not contain a definition for 'Name' and no extension method 'Name' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<string,BlogEngine.Core.Web.Extensions.ManagedExtension>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

 
Line 27: 
Line 28:                     foreach (var setting in from x in ExtensionManager.Extensions
Line 29:                                             where x.Name == extname
Line 30:                                             from setting in x.Settings
Line 31:                                             where !string.IsNullOrEmpty(setting.Name) && !setting.Hidden




Source File: d:\My Websites\MichaelSays.com\wwwroot\admin\Extension Manager\default.aspx.cs    Line: 29 

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2011 at 3:52 AM

I see.  It looks like in addition to changes being made in the BE core, there were a few changes in some of the webfiles.  My fault for not thinking of this.  Check out the link below:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/7ffd46740693

That shows the files that changes in that changeset.  Outside of the BE core, it looks like the files that changed are:

/admin/Extension Manager/default.aspx.cs
/admin/Extension Manager/Extensions.ascx
/admin/Extension Manager/Extensions.ascx.cs
/App_GlobalResources/labels.pl.resx
/User controls/CommentView.ascx.cs
/Web.Config
/widgets/Newsletter/widget.ascx.cs

So you will probably want to copy these files from that changeset (2.0.0.37) to your blog.  The Extension Manager ones in particular are needed, but you might want to copy them all (either way).

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:06 AM

yeah, i figured that, so I had already copied them over.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:11 AM

ok.  I missed the default.aspx.cs.  It's working now.  Thanks for you help.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:11 AM

ok.  I missed the default.aspx.cs.  It's working now.  Thanks for you help.