Remove blog posters name?

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Well you know how it is, you think you are done and then the client wants something else :-)

She would like me to remove the Author's name from the very top of the post on the "Home" page of the Blog. I can see on the Control Panel where you select the Author name from those of the Administrators that are listed, but she doesn't want any "Author" field at all. Can you please tell me where in the code the reference is so I can rem it out? I've been looking through the code and so far have not been able to find it.  Thanks for any help.

Coleen

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Edited Oct 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I found a few places where it's referenced, but if I rem them out - I get several errors.  Also, she wants me to remove the Category field from the bottom of the page.  . Is there an easy way to remove these?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM

The author name is being output in the PostView.ascx file from your theme folder.  The Category too if it's a category that displays at the bottom of each post.

In the Standard theme, the author is being output in a <span> tag that looks roughly like:

<span class="author"> .............. </span>

If you have that, you would want to remove the entire thing, including the span tags.

Categories looks like this:

<p class="categories"><%=CategoryLinks(" | ") %></p>

Just delete the whole thing.

I'm getting this from that PostView.ascx file, btw.  Depending on theme, yours could look different.  Feel free to paste your PostView.ascx in here if you're not sure.

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:20 AM
Edited Oct 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Okay, it does work (when I find the right theme! d'oh!) Thank you! Very cool - Thanks a lot!