I have run out of page.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I'm working on a page that list resources with descriptions. After entering the last description I viewed the page and it has truncated the text. I have looked for places to fix this in the CSS file but nothing seems to have any effect. #body, #content, nothing.

Is there a way to change this?

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Maybe the "Only show description of posts" checkbox on the Settings tab in the control panel?

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Both "Only show Discriptions options are Unchecked.

The page is fairly long the scroll bar is about half the page in height. But it seems there is a limit set somewhere. The last addition I made to the page has an image in the upper left side with a float set on it. The text is about twice as long/high as the image. The image actually hangs below the "#content" div but the text is truncated to the actual bottom of the container. Also this isn't in the "blog" proper. It is a "page" that I have added through the "Page" feature so these aren't actually "post".

Here is the address of the page so you can see what I'm talking about...

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM

The last piece of text I see is "That's really all there is to it." -- which appears to be the last sentence in the GDI section.  Are you saying there is really more text after that that is not being displayed?  Is there another section that should appear after GDI ?

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Yes, there are three more sets of <p> tags two of them are just one line and one is about 5 lines of text or probably about 8 or 9 lines in the available space.

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Hmm... and when you Edit the page all the text is there in the WYSIWYG editor ?

Do you have any custom Extensions running?  An extension is capable of modifying the contents for a Post or Page as it's being served to the browser.  You might even want to try disabling the current Extensions (in the control panel) to see if it makes any difference.

Maybe also try creating a new page and copying and pasting the content from Resources into the new page -- just to see if all the content appears in that new page.  This is a long shot, but just something to try.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

OK I don't know what happened. I'm sure the page had everything on it yesterday. This morning when I read your reply I set about trying the things you suggested and when I went into the html box to grab some of the text to move it to a new page also thinking maybe some tags were out of place or mal-formed I found that it did end where you said it did. So I grabbed it again from VS where I was building it and put it into the html editor in BE and low and behold it's there.

I don't know, maybe I had just been looking at it too long or something. Working with this stuff I tend to work it across three applications. I create the copy in Word and then copy & paste it to Visual Web Developer. After it passes all the checks that VWD performs I take it to the html editor in BE.

Curious thing though, when I was working on the landing page I had the same thing happen only there were no images. In the end I shortened the page by a whole bunch. Anyway when I saw it on the Resources page I just assumed it was the same thing happening again.

Oh well, my bad, I apologize for the wild goose chase and I thank you for your indulgence.