Disappearing Home page - Please help!

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Edited Oct 29, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I'm in the process of FTP'ing my site up for testing, and I can see the home page perfectly while logged in as administrator. As soon as I log out, the home page disappears! WTF? I tried re-posting the page, and as long as I am logged in as the Admin, it's fine, but when I log off I get "Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for.  This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this broken link is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem). You can also try to search for the page you were looking for:"

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Here is my test link:  http://corozaltoday.belizeconsulting.com.pine.arvixe.com/ and as you can plainly see, the Home page is blank! Please help!

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:07 AM

The main thing that comes to mind is that the Posts are either Unpublished, or they have a future date.

Unpublished posts only are shown to logged in users.

Regarding Future Date, there's 2 possibilities.  One possibility is that their date is in the future.  The other related possibility is that the time on the server is behind.

You can check the date of the posts by editing one and looking at the date in the Date field.  I think if you add a new post by going to the Add Entry tab, by looking at the same Date field, that will probably tell you what the date/time is on the server since new posts default to the current date/time.

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Future date. My client wanted me to put in today's date (1 day in the future!) Wow - scared the heck out of me! Thanks! (bows to the master!) You just saved my bacon! Thank you very much!