Error after upgrading to 1.6

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

UPGRADE: I updated not to 1.6, but to 2.0 RC

Could you help me with the following error, I'm facing with after upgrade to 1.6 RC. It happens when I'm trying to access dashboard or create new post. Everything else looks like works fine.

Error Details:

Url : http://localhost/pp2.0/admin/Dashboard.aspx

Raw Url : /pp2.0/admin/Dashboard.aspx

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.admin_dashboard_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Admin' Key being added: 'Admin'

Source : mscorlib

StackTrace : at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)

at System.Web.Security.MembershipUserCollection.Add(MembershipUser user)

at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.GetAllUsers(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine-HG-7\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Providers\DbMembershipProvider.cs:line 400

at Admin.Dashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : Void Insert(System.Object, System.Object, Boolean)

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:53 AM

This error happens if you have the same User in the DB more than once.

You're using a DB to store the Users.  There's a table named be_Users.  If you look in there, you'll find the same UserName more than once.

Not related specifically to this, but in case you haven't seen it, here are Upgrading to BE 2.0 instructions.