2.0 RC Questions

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM

So I am trying out v2 and have a few questions/issues I cannot figure out.  Any assistance would be appreciated. 

First,  I use a extension created that shows the categories in the widget in a layered fashion.  You can find the extension here:  http://www.turgaysahtiyan.com/post/Blog-Engine-de-Hiyerarsik-Kategory-List-%28Hierarchical-Nested-Categories-List%29.aspx.  This work find on my v1.6 site but I get and error:

Widget LayeredCategorylist not found.

Unknown server tag 'blog:LayeredCategoryList

In v2.0.  Has something changed in v2.0 with regards to extensions?

Second,  I use Slimbox for my photos and isn't working in IE8.  I get the error on page listed below.  Slimbox uses jquery along with slimbox2.js.  It works fine in firefox and chrome.  Anyone have any idea what the below error means?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPDTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:56:19 UTC

Line: 149
Char: 392
Code: 0
URI: http://techlearningblog.com/js.axd?path=Scripts%2fjquery.js

My main site, where these are working is www.thenetheryfamily.com and my test site, using v2.0, that isn't working is techlearningblog.com

Thanks in advance,

Guy

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Not sure on the Slimbox error ...

I was going to download the Layered Category List extension to take a look, but the only links that look like download links are broken.  My guess without looking is that LayeredPageList.cs and/or LayeredCategoryList.cs (in the App_Code\Controls folder) probably are using the old "Controls" namespace, and should be changed to App_Code.Controls.  This would be at the top of each file.  So instead of

namespace Controls

it should be changed in both of those .CS files to:

namespace App_Code.Controls

If that doesn't do it, maybe you can post the extension here (copy-and-paste) in separate messages, and I can take a closer look.

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM

BenAmada = TechnoStud! 

Once again Ben, you are right on the money on the extension.  Thanks!

Any suggestions for the Slimbox error in IE or any suggestions where to start.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2010 at 2:45 AM

I looked a little bit, but am not sure the problem.  It could be that we're using a newer version of jQuery than Slimbox was created for.  We're using jQuery 1.4.4.  But I sort of doubt there are any breaking changes in this latest jQuery build.  Plus, it's working in non-IE browsers.

Maybe I'll be able to look at it again and try something different.  It looks like Slimbox is working on your other site (BE 1.6, I think).

It could be the Syntax Highlighter extension that is conflicting with it.  That extension outputs a lot of JS files into the page.  You could try disabling the Extension in the control panel.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

The Syntax Highlighter was causing a conflict.  I disabled it and then Slimbox works fine.   I am going to do some research and see if I can identify the conflict.  Any suggested tools?