BE works in "read only" mode

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Hi,

On my test box (XP), I have latest release of BE 2.0  (018057286a4a) with SQLExpress 2005. It is fresh installation. I can log in as default admin but I can't save changes or add new items, create user etc.

I'm using Web.config from \setup\SQLServer (SQLServerWeb.Config) directory. I just modified connection string to this one:

<add name="BlogEngine" connectionString="Data Source=UNKNOWN\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=BlogEngine;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

(SQL Windows Authentication)

What is wrong?

regards,

gRRuby

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:22 AM

When you say that you "can't save changes or add new items ...", are you getting an error message?  Or what do you see?

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Thank you for your response. 
Yes. Only one error in Application Log:

EventID 1309

Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 2010-12-04 22:53:42 Event time (UTC): 2010-12-04 21:53:42 Event ID: 7b11808cd4534d138d31336a7d3342dd Event sequence: 57 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/blog-1-129359730913906250 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: /blog Application Path: C:\Inetpub\BlogEngine.Web\ Machine name: UNKNOWN Process information: Process ID: 5200 Process name: aspnet_wp.exe Account name: UNKNOWN\ASPNET Exception information: Exception type: HttpException Exception message: The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/blog/admin/AjaxHelper.aspx/LoadPages' is not allowed. at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Request information: Request URL: http://localhost/blog/admin/AjaxHelper.aspx/LoadPages Request path: /blog/admin/AjaxHelper.aspx/LoadPages User host address: 127.0.0.1 User: admin Is authenticated: True Authentication Type: Forms Thread account name: UNKNOWN\ASPNET Thread information: Thread ID: 9 Thread account name: UNKNOWN\ASPNET Is impersonating: False Stack trace: at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

NET 4.0, XP SP3, few other aplication on the same machine runnig withaout problem; BE 1.6 XML and MSSQL before upgrade

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2010 at 12:05 AM

This error message is really helpful.  The error message is:

The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/blog/admin/AjaxHelper.aspx/LoadPages' is not allowed.

BE 2.0 makes use of a lot of web service calls in the control panel.  This particular error is when "LoadPages" is called.

To address this error, and other similar web service errors you may be seeing, here's some relevant threads that look like they may contain the solution.  The main thing I see is that in IIS, you may have a mapping of "*" mapped to the aspnet_isapi.dll.  This would be a setting within IIS.

http://www.lukemelia.com/blog/archives/2007/01/05/aspnet-the-http-verb-post-used-to-access-path-is-not-allowed/
http://dev.ektron.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=16404

... if neither of the above solve this issue, try this Google search for more possibilities.

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I eliminated the error by removing the mapping of ‘*’ to aspnet_isapi.dll.

System log, security log and application log are completely free of errors now, but... BE is still "read only".

When I want to change Theme or Language - no reaction, everything back to previous settings.

I'll try to move my installation from XP to production server (WIN2008 + MSSQL 2008R2)