Disabling Widgets

Topics: Controls
Dec 6, 2010 at 2:49 AM

I just set up the blogengine and ma having difficulty in completely removing or hiding the Page List and Blogroll widgets.  At this point, I have no use for them.  Does anyone know how to do that? I have deleted all of the pages on the Pages tab in the Contol Panel, but now there is a an empty widget with the title "Page List" on my web page.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Never mind.  I just noticed the "Move", "Edit" and "X" options on the home page.  Doh!

I do have another issue, however. I added the Visitor Info widget on the home page to see what it looked like, but I no longer wish to use it. Unfortunately, the widget doesn't appear while I am logged in as the administrator.  I have a second computer that I use to test how an actual visitor might see the sight and I see it there.  How do I delete it?

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM

If you log in under your admin account on the second computer (the computer where you are currently seeing the Visitor Info widget), then you should be able to delete it since the widget will be appearing for you.

Another option would be to leave a comment while on your first computer ... the Visitor Info widget should then start appearing on the first computer.