How to realize when a Extension is viewed in the admin section?

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Hi all,

is there any solution to realize inside the extension, when they is viewed in the admin section?
I won't use the HttpContext for compatibility reason with IIS 7.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:24 PM

There's nothing like this currently available.  To do this would probably require setting up an Event that would fire when an extension is viewed thru the BE Extension viewer.  The event would fire to notify the Extension.  I suppose there's other ways this could be accomplished too.  But nothing like this exists.

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:11 AM

I thought so.

BenAmada wrote:

I suppose there's other ways this could be accomplished too.

I can write an implementation of an event as desribed for my self. But on the next update, if you change the admin section again, i write it again and again ...
And if i give one of my extensions to other people? Should i ship the adapted settons.aspx.cs and the ExtensionManager class too? I believe i'm not the only one who can need a OnBeforeBindToGrid event.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I was thinking you meant this event would fire when the person clicks the "View Source" link on the Extensions tab.

But when you say OnBeforeBindToGrid, it sounds like you have in mind that this event would fire whenever the Extensions tab is viewed and the extension is displayed in the table grid ... the table grid that displays all the extensions.

Just curious, what do you plan to do when either the extension is displayed in the table grid (OnBeforeBindToGrid) or when View Source is clicked?

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM

The OnBeforeBindToGrid was just an example. Into this event may the extension can start to gather some infos from any online resource and show this informations when the ext. is shown in the edit view.

I will get an event, if the extension is loaded into the edit view. e.g.
Now the default.aspx could notify the ExtensionManager class wich extension is loaded into the edit view and the ExtensionManager can fire an onload event.

Why not implement an event on every load stage? When loaded into the grid, is viewed in the edit view and so on.