First time install/Unable to log into site

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I've installed BlogEngine.Net on a win2K8 server with a SQL2K8 SP2 backend.  When I attempt to load the site, it indicates "Login failed for user" - and cites the user listed in the web.cong file.  The install instructions state that the default login is admin/admin, and apparently as long as the password is blank for that user in the be.users table, admin will be the default password.  I don't get the option to enter credentials--the error occurs as soon as I try to access the site.  What credentials should be listed in the web.config file?  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM

If you have any other error details besides "Login failed for user" ... like perhaps a copy and paste of the error message (with all the error details), or screenshot, etc, that could help for diagnosing this.

If you're getting this error message as soon as you pull up the site, even before trying to access the login page, it could be that file permissions or some other permissions are not setup correctly on the site.

You mentioned the error message cites the user listed in the web.config file.  What user is that?  I don't believe there's any user listed in the BE web.config file.  Is there another application installed on this website?

EDIT:  Is that a SQL error about the "login failed for user... "?  If so, it could be that your connection string is not setup correctly, or the username specified in the connection string does not have access to the SQL server or the SQL DB.