RC to final 2.0 issues

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I published 2.0 to a website, using the web.config for 4.0, and XML, it comes up with Internal Server Error, even through the control panel of my webhost it won't load, the only error message I can get though the control panel is this:

Line number: 53 
Error: The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration 

The only thng I did was add this

using BlogEngine.Core.Web.Extensions;

to the addthis.cs extions file.

Edit:

I deleted the addthis extension and published the web.config from the 2.0 RC and the site loaded but I cannot change the theme and save it, it reverts back to the Standard theme.

Edit:

I put the 2.0 web.config back and the site won't come up.

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Isn't this the same error message you received when you upgraded to BE 2.0 RC ... the one you reported here.

The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration.

If you're using SQL CE and .NET 4.0, then you'll definitely want to use the .NET 4.0 web.config file.

If you're getting any error messages now you can report here, that will be helpful.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM

This sit is using XML, one user, it runs OK locally with 4.0 web.config and the APP_Data and the Themes that came with the package.  On the server it is using the App_Data folder and the Themes folder that was on the server.  There is only one user.

I can't get any error message with the browser, the one above is in the Host control panel and the website won;t load there either.

I can't even get to the website through the host control panel to change it to Asp.Net 3.5 and the 3.5 web.config.

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Maybe you can post your web.config file here.

You might also want to try downloading the App_Data and themes to your local computer to see how it runs on your local computer with that data.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Ok, first I am trying deleting everything from the server and reloading 2.0 as it comes, and see what happens, this is a non critical website so I can play around with it.

I can also try what you suggested locally.

The web.config is the 4.0 one from the setup folder with no changes.

Thank you.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Update:

I deleted all the files from the server and published 2.0 out of the box with the 4.0 web.config and it won't come up.  The only error message is 500 Internal Server error, I am however able to bring up the website in the server control panel, I am going to set it for ASP.net 3.5 and upload the 3.5 web.confign and ss what happens.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I now have 2.0 final ASP.Net 3.5 out of the box with XML published and get this error message.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BlogEngine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Threading" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Globalization" %>
Line 4:  <%@ Import Namespace="BlogEngine.Core" %>
Line 5:  
Line 6:  <script RunAt="server">

Source File: c:\HostingSpaces\seniorge\seniorgeekpc.com\wwwroot\Global.asax    Line: 4 

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Make sure that BlogEngine.Core.dll is in the /BIN directory.

And if you're using the default ASP.NET 3.5, make sure the application pool is configured for .NET 3.5 -- not .NET 4.0.

Speaking of application pools, if you have an option, make sure the application pool is configured for Integrated Mode -- not Classic Mode.

You could try removing that line 4 where the error is occurring in global.asax.  It may not actually be necessary.

Lastly, you might want to try deleting BlogEngine.Core.dll from the /BIN directory and re-uploading it.

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Ok, I think I have this one fixed, it seems that all the files did not get uploaded, it is still in the process but the site comes up, I need to replace the App_Data and the Theme folder and see what happens.  I am a little scared of upgrading the hiking website , it is a critical site and although there are some issues and bugs at least it is working. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Is integrated mode the same as integrated pipeline, should I do this for the ASP.Net 4.0 with SQL_CE also?

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:08 AM
Edited Jan 3, 2011 at 3:10 AM

The site comes up with my original App_data folder ok, the only issue left is, it is stuck in the Standard theme, I can change and save the theme locally but it won't save the theme on the server, it is stuck on the standard theme.

Edit:

This is the most bizarre thing yet, the data is there but I cannot add the admin widget so I can get to the settings now.  I am about ready to delete everything and go back to  2.0 RC, there is noway IO am going to try to upgrade my hiking club website. 

This is where I am stuck.

http://seniorgeekpc.com/

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Disregard, everything, it is working now.

Thank you.