This project is read-only.

Problem with latest versions

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Mar 14, 2008 at 2:29 PM
I have an working well on Windows hosting, no problem.

I'm testing under linux/apache2 and have succeed running several versions. The latest one running well is 10060 (
I have test 10247 ( and this problem occurred :
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
at System.DateTime.DaysInMonth (Int32 year, Int32 month) 0x00000
at System.DateTime.AddMonths (Int32 months) 0x00000
at Controls.PostCalendar.Render (System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter writer) 0x00000
at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl (System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter writer) 0x00000

I have also test version 10265 ( and 10287 (latest one by now) and both give me this error :
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: virtualPath
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath (System.String virtualPath) 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlMultiBlogProvider.Initialize (System.String name, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection config) 0x00000
at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider (System.Configuration.ProviderSettings providerSettings, System.Type providerType) 0x00000
at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders (System.Configuration.ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderCollection providers, System.Type providerType) 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.LoadProviders () 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.LoadSettings () 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Load () 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings..ctor () 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.get_Instance () 0x00000
at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider..cctor () 0x00000

I have try to change enableMultiByHostname to false in web.config, but not better. I also try to enable="true" XmlMultiBlogProvider without success.

My test machine is (<= not, perhaps this is the problem)