CS2007 to BlogML?? Help!

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:59 AM
I'm trying, to no avail, to export my CS2007 content to BlogML. I'm using the Community Server 2007 BlogML Converter and I followed the steps in the Readme exactly. I pull up the SyndicationOptions.aspx page and click the Export button and I get the following error:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://dougrohm.com/cs/controlpanel/blogs/SyndicationOptions.aspx
Line Number 1, Column 1:

What am I missing here? Is there something else I need to install? Am I missing an XML file? I'm assuming the Export function creates the XML file. Can someone please help???

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM
Does anyone know if this tool works with CS2007.1? Also, when I open the source code in Visual Studio, none of the BlogML classes exist that he's referencing. This makes me think this doesn't work or hasn't been updated with the BlogML 2.0. I realize the readme.txt says it is, but using Reflector on the dll's that he's referencing doesn't show the classes he's using in his Reader and Writer classes.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM
I had the same problem and i found in my template an empty iframe i copied from somewhere "<iframe height="0" frameborder="0" width="0" src="#" />" after deleting it, things worked fine.
Nov 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM

If you continue to have problems with CS-to-BlogML, I created a SQL migration script from CS-to-BE.NET which would do the job.  I'd recommend you also take a look at Erik Lane's migration post.  He took what I did a step further...and better.  Also, Rory Primrose did an excellent job migrating from CS, like Erik.