Increase number of comments per page on "Comments" Administration page

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jan 16, 2011 at 2:13 AM
I've tried increasing the number of comments shown per page by adding new ListItem entries into the corresponding DropDownList on the admin\Settings\Comments.aspx page but when choosing anything beyond the highest "out of the box" setting (50), no results are shown. Is there somewhere else in code that needs to be updated to allow for more comments to be shown per page?
Jan 16, 2011 at 5:58 AM

No, that should be it. I just added new item with value of 100 and it loaded 100 comments per page in the comments list. Could be an issue if you trying to load too many comments. Try do 50, 60 etc. and see if you run into issue. Don't forget to save settings :)

Jan 16, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Thanks for the response.

It appears the max number of comments I can load is 75. Being that you were able to set a value of 100, I'm guessing this might be limited by the response time from my web host.

Jan 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM

It may be that there's too much data.  See this post about adding the <jsonSerialization> tag to your web.config file.  It'll allow more data to be sent to the browser.

Jan 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Bingo! That did the trick!

I'm now able to load 500+ comments per page, which quite slow but still much better than trying to get through 10000 pending comments 50 at a time!