BE 2.0 running on Linux/Mono?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jan 20, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Has anyone successfully got BE 2.0 to run on Linux/Mono?

I've complied Mono 2.6.7 and its all the dependencies (on Dreamhost ISP) and got the home page and most of the admin pages to work with a few tweaks (for details see the issues in the tracker). However, individual blog pages return the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at App_Code.Controls.RecaptchaControl.OnInit (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive (System.Web.UI.Control namingContainer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive (System.Web.UI.Control namingContainer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:

Looks like the issues is with the Recaptcha control, but I don't see the bug. Any ideas?

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Got it running on a VPS but using mono 2.8.2 (lastest release). Since I am using Ubuntu server on that machine I had to make a parallel Mono setup. Of course my BE setup could be different from yours so I may be I've just been lucky.

Why don´t you try in one of the vm images provied by mono? they have a properly setup last release mono.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:48 AM

tgiphil, I'm having the same problem and voted on the two related issues that you opened. Will post back here if I come up with a solution.

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Hi guys. I was playing today to get BE 2.0 under Mono. If you are capable of coding a little bit, you can give it a try: http://blog.theflaker.com.ar/post/blogengine-mono.aspx