ADRP caused Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jan 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I am trying to setup BlogEngine for the first time.  I was able get it up and running and then I added the ADRP extension.  I followed the steps in the readme file. and now I get the error below.  I am running Windows Server 2008 with IIS7.  I am using the Default Classic ASP.Net Application Pool.  The only changes I made to the code were in the web.config file on the root.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 


Stack Trace: 



Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   BlogEngine.Contrib.Providers.ADRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName) +13
   System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName) +98
   BlogEngine.Core.Right..cctor() in E:\Projects\BlogEngine-HG-10\Source\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.Core\Security\Right.cs:84

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BlogEngine.Core.Right' threw an exception.]
   BlogEngine.Core.Right.HasRight(Rights right, IEnumerable`1 roles) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine-HG-10\Source\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.Core\Security\Right.cs:451
   BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.BlogBasePage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) in E:\Projects\BlogEngine-HG-10\Source\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.Core\Web\Controls\BlogBasePage.cs:413
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +42
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1256