JS.AXD error with IIS 7 integrated hosting

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I have setup blogengine in a subfolder on my domain. You can see it here http://mondiary.com/blog. As you go there you would notice an exception being thrown.

This exception is gone if I disable the setting: <label for="ctl00_cphAdmin_cbCompressWebResource">Compress WebResource.axd</label> - This may break third-party functionality.

Any clues on why this is happening? I'm really frustrated and would appreciate any help.

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 9:07 AM

It's not worth being frustrated over ... this Compress WebResource.axd option is not that important.  Other people too need to turn it off.

When it is checked, the blog will make an HTTP request from the server to itself (i.e. from mondiary.com/blog to mondiary.com/blog).  Usually when there's a problem, it's due to a server, router/firewall issue where the server cannot resolve itself, or access the same server via the external DNS.  In other words, if you were logged into the server directly, pulled up a browser and tried to access mondiary.com/blog, it probably wouldn't pull up.

There's probably nothing you can do about it.  And again, it's not that important.