BlogEngine - login rediect to different landing page

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Hi there,

I plan on using BlogEngine as my root folder and I intend on adding additional static pages using a separate MasterPage. In addition, I have added a require permissions control which restricts users to to accessing the site unless they login., and this is where my problem lies. I need to either change the landing page that login.aspx defaults too e.g. to index.aspx or alternatively I need to rename Defaults.aspx to say blog.aspx, which will free up Default.aspx to use as part of my additional static pages.

Can anyone help? I have tried searching for the possible redirect aster you login, but no joy.

Any help would be nuch appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Just in case anyone wanted to know, in order to define a different landing page once logged in (bearing in mind I have configured BE to require a user log in before you can access the blog etc)

Go to the root web.config file for BE and search for the line below, yours should look similar if not the same, and then add the following tag defaultUrl="~/index.aspx"

<authentication mode="Forms">
            <forms timeout="129600" name=".AUXBLOGENGINE" protection="All" slidingExpiration="true" loginUrl="~/Account/login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />
    </authentication>

Voila!