Publishing posts in the future gives problems.

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Mar 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM
I am a blogger that wishes to set publishing time in the future when I come up with new ideas to write about. When I set the posts to be published in future, the blogengine makes space for those posts and when I have 5 posts set to be in the future and I have the front page also set to display only 5 posts. The front page then becomes BLANK!!!!!

Please fix.
Mar 23, 2008 at 1:02 AM
Also causes the calendar view to blank out these dates.
So same issue and request here.

PS: as workaround I'd to set draft/idea posts to past dates (like 01-01-1800).
It's a quick & dirty one and not good for actual finished, but scheduled posts.
Mar 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Ya, but the purpose of scheduled posts is so I can write to my blog for 5 days and not have to worry about it again until next weekend. I like doing that. It helps me manage my time.

Hopefully this can be fixed easily.

I also tried searching through the Source code for a fix but I can't get into the blogengine framework DLL. Sad.
Mar 24, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Per the issue tracker (, it has been fixed as of this morning (thanks madskristensen) and it will be available in 1.4.

Looking in the code. The check for creation date of the post happens in Post.IsVisible (in post.cs)
		public bool IsVisible
				if (IsPublished && DateCreated <= DateTime.Now.AddHours(BlogSettings.Instance.Timezone))
					return true;
				return false;

Which is used in User_controls_PostList.BindPosts() - an might be used in other places. In theory, you could make some changes there. However, there is additional logic involved: you're probably better off waiting for 1.4.