Removing /page and /post Directories

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 12, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Okay so I'm using version 1.6.1. Application is deployed on Windows Server 2008 / IIS 7.0 / Classic .NET App Pool.

I've read in several places to remove the /page and /post directories you have to edit the BlogEngine.Core which I have. Everything works fine on my local developer machine (Windows 7 / IIS 7.0).

When I copy the BlogEngine.Core DLL, XML, PDB files I get the following error when trying to access the site:

Exception information:��� �Exception type: HttpCompileException��� �Exception message: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\freeworkoutlog.com\blog\App_Code\Extensions\SendCommentMail.cs(35): error CS0117: 'BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings' does not contain a definition for 'Moderation'�

I tried replacing my SendCommentMail.cs with the SendCommentMail.cs that is on my local machine.

This results in:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@������iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{���{���;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"~��7N��O�|(��F��ly��G�����@ ... Just a whole bunch of garbage characters.

I've also tried changing the App Pool to Integrated, but that just gives me the 500 - Internal Server Error and no garbage characters.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Unfortunately for me it's not turning out to be as easy as just recompiling the Core. =(

Thanks.